Friday, September 09, 2005

Stupid car


There she is, and she's back on the road. If you've been following along, you'll know I was a little worried about what this was going to cost. All told, it wasn't as bad as I, or several others I know that "know" about cars, thought it might have cost. For instance, when my step-dad heard about the blown engine, the first thing out of his mouth was, "there goes $5000-6000." Yikes. In the end, the following was done:

Engine - out of a wreck, with only 41,000km, which is 63,000 less than I had, ("good news!" the optimist says)
Rad - replaced and filled with coolant of course
Thermostat - new
Timing belt - new
Fan belt - new
Plugs and wires - newer, (the ones in the wreck were better than mine)
Fly Wheel - Machined
Oil change
Transmission fluid changed
3 back recalls completed, (apparently when I moved I stopped getting them)

All for the low low price of $2650.
Plus the original $90.
Plus the time at the Tire $45.
Plus the tow across the city $60.
Final damage $2845.

The guy at my dealership was really good, and did help out a lot compared to what I was quoted elsewhere so it is hard for me to complain too much.
But it still SUCKS! This goes as far as the dreaded Completely Sucks. The farthest down the scale of the Westside Awesomeness/Suckiness scale. BAH!

Oh what I could've done with $2845...
I could've bought my new camera AND two lenses and been well on my way to being a famous photographer.
I could've gone to Sydney and learned how to surf.
I could've seen 167 movies, and had a drink and popcorn, (I hate popcorn, but I could've had it!)
I could've bought 1,085 Starbucks Grande Americanos, 2,473 Twix bars, 28,450 sour keys, or 284,500 gummie bears, all of which would have made me WAY happier then spending that money on my car. Again I say BAH!

What can I do? I guess I'll have to go back to selling used shoelaces for extra cash...

All for now,
Kef...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home