Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Neurotic One Turns...30?

Today is a good friend's birthday. He is turning 30. Every year for as long as I can remember, (which probably means grade seven since that is when I met him,) I have missed his birthday by exactly one day. Every year but this one it has truly been a mistake. I call on January 13 and say happy birthday, then apologize when he tells me it was yesterday, and we move on into another year. This year for some reason I remembered. It might partly be because his wife has inadvertently reminded me a few times. They are planning a big bash in the summer exactly half way between both of their 30th birthdays so I don't need to worry that I might be missing a party tonight. I was thinking about calling him tonight, but it just doesn't seem right.

I'll call him tomorrow. It's what I do.

All for now,
Kef...

p.s. JWE if you are reading this: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'll talk to you tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angel said...

That's what wives and friends are for right? Funny enough he always was one day ahead of your birthday. He would get it wrong if it I didn't remind him it was the following day.

Be sure to keep that day free Kevin because I'm expecting you there. No if's and's or butt (steaks) ;)

1/14/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger WestsideKef said...

HA Jenn... If he ever updated his blog, (*ahem* JWE?)

Ang, what was that date again? (email me, you wouldn't want the droves of my readers to all show up at the party...psh!)

1/14/2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home