Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Crazy

Bah!

This past weekend was crazy busy! Saturday was dress rehearsal for the Sunday Choir Thing, (I think there may have actually been a name for the production but I was just doing the audio so I don't know what it was.) That was most of the day. Then Sunday morning. Then a pot luck with Synergy for lunch. Then back an hour or so later to help Giggles with a school project, (not complaining about this...it was actually kinda fun. Got to pretend I was a recording engineer for an afternoon.) Then the carol sing. Then editing Giggles' project. And, at that point I still had only bought one Christmas present. My Dad wrote me a not so subtle email basically telling me what to buy and when it was on sale.

Yesterday was mostly cool. (Colic upset me a little bit with her entry to the Bake Off, but I'll explain that later.) The team, (pod-team that is...plus Stewie...plus Harrison,) went for dinner at Summit House Grill for a little away from work socializing and merrymaking.

Today was a vendor visit so I was only in the office a short time. I was supposed to have the last curling game of the year as well, but the other team called me just as I was getting ready to leave the office to say they couldn't field a team. What a bummer. We had even planned to wear Santa hats and everything. But, this actually worked to my advantage:

As I am sitting, now bummed out about no curling, Truman declares she is going to the Eaton Centre and half jokingly asked if anyone wants to come with her. Well, seeing as I now have nowhere else to be, I tag along. I had no idea what I was going to buy, but this is usually how I do it. Each year, I wait until it is at least December twenty-something before I hit the malls. Call me crazy, but I LOVE the Christmas crowds, (as long as I am not working the retail floor, which I did for two years.) Anyway, it turns out that the Truman is some kind of Shopping Muse. She went with a list, or a mission if you will. "I need to go to these stores for these items then out." A very "man" way to shop if experience serves me. However, simply being in her presence (presents?) it seems, inspired me to leave the mall with a rather large, heavy bag full of gifts from various stores. I must refrain from elaborating lest any of the recipients are readers.

I have decided that in the future Truman must accompany me on shopping trips for the Holidays. It would get things done a lot faster and maybe sooner in the year if I plan one of these outings for Juneish of next year.

At least this means I didn't buy all the gifts at the Tire this year!

All for now,
Kef...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sassy said...

Thanks for coming by my blog! You're a brave soul for going to the malls this close to Christmas. i stand as far away as I can, holding a crucifix and holy water. Merry Christmas!

12/21/2005 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home