Saturday, December 10, 2005

Singing Mice?

Dress rehearsal was today. Yes, I am in a musical. It is a Christmas themed musical of course at this time of year. We are doing the traditional Christmas, Birth of the Savior story in a kind of non-traditional way. The story is told from the point of view of a family of mice that traveled to Bethlehem with Mary and Joseph. Yes, it is a little surreal but did I mention it was a children's musical? A Mouse Christmas has four adult parts, Mama and Papa Mouse, Mary, and Joseph, (played by me,) then a whole whack of kids! It is so fun.

A couple of funny stories about telling people I know about the production:

After curling one Sunday, Mo asked what I was doing in the evening and I mentioned I had rehearsal for a children's musical. Her response: "Um, I hate to tell you this, but you aren't a child anymore."

The other one was when I was telling Colic about it. I had already told Truman about it and she was there, too:
Kef: I have rehearsal Sunday night
Colic: Oh yeah, tell me about this thing
Kef: It's the Christmas story told by mice, but I play a human
Truman: He's playing Jesus!
[short pause]
Truman: Oh wait, that's not right...
Kef: No, because then I would be in diapers, and nobody needs to see that.
[much laughter]

Anyway, Boomer and Kaibob have been working really hard with all the kids for them to learn their lines and the songs and everything, and this morning went really well for the most part, so I think it will be a great show. I just hope the bronchitis holds off as I have a solo piece in the show.

And now, in case the mental image didn't stick the first time you read it:

"No, because then I would be in diapers."

uthankyou

All for now,
Kef...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home