Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New toy

I tried out one of my new toys today.

No, not my chair. One that I had been kind of saving up to buy. Ok, so I took all my Christmas money and pooled it for one present for myself. But it is a good one.

The TaylorMade r7 Quad HT driver. I haven't hit a driver in several years. In fact I have not even had one in the bag for the past three or four years. But, this past summer I got myself a set of Taylor rac HT irons and a 3 and 5 VSteel fairway wood. I was hitting them all so well that I decided it was time to put the driver back in the bag. DB suggested that I look into the Aldila shaft as an upgrade, too. They had one already put together so they didn't even charge me the upgrade cost for the NV-65.

Anyway, enough technical mumbo-jumbo. Can I hit it? I went up to Launch tonight to check it out, and the answer is most definitely:

YES I CAN!

They really know how to make a club these days. I mean I am not the best of golfers, (high 80s or low 90s with one round of 79 last summer,) so I don't have the most consistent drive off the tee. But, try as I might, I could not get this club to hit off center. Maybe that is a bit of an exaggeration. I had a couple that I really opened up and one that I cranked around, but for the most part this new fangled club was really forgiving. And I haven't even started to play around with the movable weights to see what damage I can do with that yet!

Oh summer, where are you?

All for now,
Kef...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home