Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Still at it

I didn't take much time off from the training. Swimming seems to be coming along the best right now. I think I have already knocked 30-40 seconds off my 100m split so I should save some time on the first leg next event. The biking and running have been average. I have run a couple of times with a group from the Running Room and that is great having a group of people to motivate you and not just yourself to stay on track. Sunday I did a long ride up North of Brampton through rolling hill type country. The way out was more up than down and I was struggling up the last couple of hills, but I still managed to pound it back for a quicker home split. I feel good about it right now and I should be more than ready for Orillia.

I spent the weekend at my Mum's out in Brampton. Sis and her Husband were up from Kingston so it was a fun weekend. Andrew's an F1 fan so we were up early to watch the Hungarian Grand Prix, (I missed the first bit.) I then convinced him to watch a race with me, so we watched the Brickyard 400 Nascar race in the afternoon. Then, Kristy and I went and got a Chillabration cake from DQ for no other reason than we kept seeing the commercials and wanted icecream cake.

Today was the first day back at work. Going back after a long weekend is tough, but one thing that kept me going was knowing that Friday was only two days away. I have a lot to do before Friday though.

Guess I should make sleep one of them.

All for now,
Kef...

1 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Hmm, it's about 7:30 p.m. on Sunday the 20th...guess you'll be done your Orillia thing by now. Hope it went well and you had a good time; we'll be looking for your report when you've recovered :).

8/20/2006 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home