Sunday, July 09, 2006

Tell me what you like about movies these days

I dare you. Is it the action? Is it the love stories? Is it the fact that they are telling the same stories over and over again and that makes you comfortable because it is familiar?

I know that I am not part of the entertainment industry and maybe that means that I don't have a say into what movies are being made. But maybe, not being part of the entertainment industry makes me a bigger part of it than I know. I mean, I'm only the consumer, the amateur critic, fan of the film media, and oh yeah:

The guy who buys the tickets to these movies. [yes I haven't seen the last one, but I'm already skeptical]

Maybe that doesn't mean anything. Maybe my $12 doesn't let me decide what movies should be made. But maybe I can decide what movies can be made, maybe I can even demand it.

Jessica Mae Stover is a talented artist that has written a story (code name: TSL) that should be made into a movie. I've read her work and I know this is going to be good. I'm going right out there and saying that. (I'd also say you can blame me later if it isn't but that won't happen.) But, she needs your help getting this to fly. Some of us have started a movement of sorts and you can be involved.

Here is what Jess is saying about it.
Here are some others that care.

Eventful is a cool idea of a site that lets people demand artists in their city. For instance, there is a band that I want to see in the Tdot, I can start a demand and if it gets big enough, they will work with the band to try and make it happen.

What we are doing here is certainly different, but no less plausible. Check the link at the side and go and demand this in your city. Pick one that's there or start one in your home town, then tell everyone you know about it. Tell the movie industry that you want better movies made and they are there just waiting to be picked up.

We are the squeaky wheel, people.

Go and demand your grease.

All for now,
Kef...

5 Comments:

Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

We can make a difference.

We are those who believe.

We are the knights of JSDC.

Join our cause.

7/10/2006 3:14 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Change only comes when people demand that it is time for a change.

It's time for a change. Let's start a revolution.

I, for one...don't want to see Van Helsing 4. Or 1. Ever. Again.

7/10/2006 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to see VH TWICE.

Don't ask.

7/11/2006 2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: I just noticed the 'Something Good' link: Awesome! I can't wait for that to launch. :-)

7/11/2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger WestsideKef said...

Hey Curt, All For One as it were?

Dave, couldn't agree more.

And Jess, first off: twice? oh right, wasn't supposed to ask.

And yes, I also cannot wait for something good! You got me workin' overtime girl!

7/11/2006 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home