Saturday, June 17, 2006

Living it up I guess

The last few days I have been a bit of a man about town it seems. I have been doing things that I might normally do once every few months and I have to tell you that I could really get used to it.

Thursday I went to see Blueman Group at the Panasonic Theatre at Yonge and Bloor. This was a spectacular show. It had great music, brilliant visuals, and was absolutely hilarious. I really can't say anything else to describe it because it is just so eclectic that you really have to see it for yourself to understand it. I went with a bunch of people from my church. We met after work on Thursday at a pub in the area of the theatre, then hiked it down to the show. We had enough people for an entire row plus some so it was a blast.

Today I golfed at Angus Glen. We played the South Course which was the site of the 2002 Bell Canadian Open. Golfing at a place like this is a real treat. While you're still at your car, a "shuttle" is making rounds in the parking lot. They offer to take you and your clubs to the clubhouse, practice green, or driving range. I hit the range, where you can hit as many balls as you want to warm up for your round. I met up with Hawley and Jeffery and we proceeded to critique each other's swing. After, we headed down to the clubhouse to check in and pay then make our way to the starter's area. They took our clubs from us and carried them down to the cart area to load them onto the carts that were already set up with scorecard, course navigation booklet, water, and tees. It was a super hot day but it was a great round with the two guys plus Drew, and the course was in great shape. After the round, you can use the clubhouse locker room facilities complete with showers, towels and almost any grooming product you might need. It's like being part of a private club for a day.

This evening I went back downtown in the Tdot for another show. I met my Mum, Step-Dad, Sis and BiL for Martin Short's show: Fame Becomes Me at the Canon Theatre. I thought this show was fantastic. I will say that you do have to be a Martin Short fan, but if you are, you will enjoy yourself.

Tomorrow I go back to my regularly scheduled life. The one not so full world-class golf courses, fine dining, and Broadway shows.

Unless my 6/49 numbers hit.

All for now,
Kef...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home