Thursday, June 15, 2006

We Are Suck!

It's official. My hockey team is suck. I might even go so far as to say we are THE suck. (Actually we are the Cyclones, but I'm trying to paint a picture here.) We played two games this week and we are still 0fer. That's 0fer 7 if you are counting.

Now I know that there always has to be one team that is the bottom of the pack, I just didn't want it to be us. I think my biggest problem is that I am the goalie so this whole losing every game thing reflects pretty badly on me. Granted not every goal is my fault, but they do all go against me. In fact you can see that if you look at my "Goals Against Average." You can also see that my "Save Percentage" is suck. It does get a little tiring when there are upwards of fifteen breakaways or two on ones a game.

Enough complaining though. Last night the team's biggest problem was manpower. We started the game with only three subs on the bench and about midway through the first period one of our guys received his third penalty and was ejected. At one point in the last period James came over to me - nearly dead it seemed - and told me that he was on about a nine and a half minute shift. In a game where the running usually puts you at a one to two minute shift this was killer.

So, last night after the game, the Roomy and I did the only thing we could after going half the regular season without a win. We went and got ice cream!

Tell me that wasn't emotional eating.

All for now,
Kef...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man! How the heck did you find me??

6/17/2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home