Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm pretty sure you have the wrong number

Conversation between me and the goofball who phoned me on my cell phone this afternoon:

Kef: Good afternoon, Kef speaking. (I was still in work mode)
Random Girl: Hi, is Crystal there?
Kef: I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number.
RG: No, this is the number she gave me, I called her last night.

[pause]

Kef: Not at this number you didn't because I've never spoken to you before.
RG: Yes, I talked to her.

[another pause]

Kef: What number are you trying to call?
RG rhymes off my number.
Kef: Well I don't know what to tell you because that's my number and I'm not Crystal.
RG: Well this is her number.

[yet another pause as I grab my now aching head]

Kef: Listen, I obviously don't know you or Crystal, so you have the wrong number.
RG: Whatever.
[RG hangs up]

Now is it just me, or was that Random Girl rude to the extreme, or just slow? I am fairly certain nobody named Crystal was using my phone last night. And, usually if I call someone and it is not who I am looking for, I feel a little silly and might even apologize. Not so with Random Girl. After I asked what number she was trying to call and confirmed that it was actually my number, she got right indignant with me. Did she think I was hiding Crystal from her? Does Crystal owe her money and I am some Random Guy keeping her from her money?

Needless to say I was confused, frustrated, and a little ticked at Random Girl after that call. The thing is, I have her number now because of call display and I feel like I should reverse lookup to figure out who this numpty is.

Or maybe I'll call her to see if she has found Crystal yet.

All for now,
Kef...

3 Comments:

Blogger Shafa said...

Do it. Call her back.

6/29/2006 3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe she was trying to hit on you in some weird alternate universe version of flirting?

6/29/2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reminded of "When Keeping It REal Goes Wrong!" from the dave Chapelle show. In one of those skits, a woman sits at home and is called by someone who has the wrong number. Instead of telling the girl she has the wrong number, she decides to "keep it real" and accuses the caller of being the "ho" that her boyfriend is chaeting on her with.

The funniest part of that skit is when she does a reverse look up of the phone number and also prints DIRECTIONS to the caller's house!

Yeah, I think you should definitley call back and tell her that Crystal is in jail and needs money.

Signed,
The Ghost in the Machine

7/03/2006 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home