Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Spaced...

I gotta ask: What is so good about myspace? Why are all these people hooked on it?

I find it truly annoying to tell you the truth. I tried to get myself set up because some of my friends communicate on there and I thought it might be another way to get the word out about TSL and Global Coastal Flooding, but nothing seemed to work. I got this "unexpected error, being sent to myspace support" about a hundred times and even "the cannot find server" page on several occasions!

And, this is just getting set up. I still fail to see the usefulness of the place. The commenting system is confusing considering people are always answering comments on each other's sites. It's like reading one half of a whole bunch of conversations. At least with blog comments here, (or on many other blog type sites,) you might get some discussion going in the comments.

Bah, maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Right now, too frustrated.

All for now,
Kef...

4 Comments:

Blogger Shafa said...

Don't do it man. MySpace is pure evil.

7/12/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Joy said...

You won't see me getting a MySpace anytime soon, either...like YouTube, it seems to perpetrate the kind of stuff that makes Martin say, "There is way too much crap on the Internet."

7/12/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Yeah Kef.....MySpace blows to use and navigate....but like you, I was TSL motivated.

7/13/2006 5:31 AM  
Blogger Curt Sawyer said...

It seems to be a lesson in self-adulation. Most people seem to put up a sexy (or sometimes not so sexy) picture of themselves and just sit back and wait for all the praise to come in. Maybe it is just trying to be too many things. I really don't get it, although I also have an account, mainly to promote Terra Naomi and Jessica Stover.

7/13/2006 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home