Wednesday, July 26, 2006

T-minus 3 days...and sick!

BAH! FOA!!

It is Wednesday. Saturday is my first triathlon. I have been training now for nearly 12 weeks! And, what do I go and do. Get sick! BAH I say! Monday I got up with a little bit of a sore throat. Not too uncommon. But, I got to work and started to feel like 10lbs of crap in a 2lb bag. By 9:30 I had to go home. I tried again on Tuesday and lasted until 11ish when the VP finally told me to beat it. Today was much better, but I think I am moving to a flare up of the full fledged bronchitis, so around 3:00 I was fading big time.

Two days to kick this one and it isn't looking good. And, to top it all off, tonight we had our last ball hockey game. We ended up the season 1fer. There are eight teams in the league and I bet you can't guess how many make the playoffs. Ok, if you said seven, you're right, BUT NO PRIZE!

No witty closing line for you...NEXT!!

All for now,
Kef...

p.s. hot tea with lemon and honey is my new best friend

1 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Feel better soon! There will be other events; better to let it go than to make yourself worse pushing to get better too quickly (or competing despite the illness, which I know some people do)...the training and the event are supposed to improve your health, after all, not wreck it.

7/28/2006 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home