Thursday, April 13, 2006

Three sports...all at once?

Wow, Blogger is sluggish tonight. Must be lots of nerds like me home on a quasi-Friday night.

Anyway, I want to give you all, (I should probably say you both, but I think a third person reads this every once in a while,) an update. The November Resolution has transformed a bit. I have been doing so well since Christmas that I have hit a low that I don't think I have seen since high school.

I am under 180 lbs!

Considering that a little over three years ago I was a slightly rounder 240. Yes, I have lost a quarter of a former me, and 20 lbs of that has been since the November Resolution started. I am not really looking to lose too much more weight at this point, but I do have a little bit extra stuff around the middle. I don't know why they call it "love handles" because I don't love it, and I really don't know any chicks that dig it either.

But, I mentioned a transformation. The November Resolution is changing and will henceforth be known as:

Training for a Triathlon

That's right, I am now getting this body into peak, (read: as good as I can,) physical condition for the Parry Sound Triathlon & Duathlon Weekend. I had been thinking about this for a while. I have been doing the spin classes for a while and I have always been a decent swimmer so all I had to add is the run, which is only 5.5km. A sprint triathlon, (incidentally, did you know that there is only one A in triathlon? I always thought it was "triathalon") is a 750m swim, 25km bike, and 5.5km run. The swim is no problem, we do nearly 20km on the bike in my spin class and I won't have to work near as hard as there, and I have already been doing almost 3km runs every other day without even being winded. Easy!

(he says now...)

I say easy because I put it in perspective with the triathlon event with which a lot of people are familiar. The Ironman. This even is like 4km swim, 180km bike, and 42.2km run, (which is a full marathon by the way, after swimming and biking!) A colleague on the new team at work has been in some of these sprint events and said he enjoyed it so I made up my mind then and there.

Now, I just have to talk Cous into joining me as his cottage is in the Sound.

All for now,
Kef...

1 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Go Kef go! That's awesome. I could never participate in a triathlon (I'm taking your word on this spelling thing) because I never learned to ride a bike, so I will be watching in envy :).

4/14/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home