Saturday, March 25, 2006

An Evening Uptown

Seeing as it was my birthday this past week, (the only time I can say I am 29 and not be lying!) I spent Monday evening out with a good friend in the Yonge and Eglinton area. It's not downtown in the Tdot, that would be south of Bloor, but uptown. I work around this area so I know it pretty well.

There is some decent shopping in the area.






There are also lots of good places to eat in this area including:
The Rose and Crown







Ho Su, and the Dim Sum shop







And my favourite, Sushi Rock Cafe. (East side of Yonge, one block north of Eglinton)






Great food and they have recently done some renos so it looks great, too.








Here is my food being made, (excellent spicy salmon roll!)





Monday night is not a really busy night at the restaurants in the neighbourhood, but you do get the usual mix of locals, and those that don't know when the work day stops.



In addition to the restaurants, there are several places to get a good coffee after dinner. Well, I should say there are several Starbucks and Tim Hortons. I am partial to Starbucks after a nice dinner, so I had to choose.
Here,




here,




or here.




You don't see it? How about now? If you can believe it, I can see all three of these shops from the northwest corner of Yonge and Eg without even squinting.



And here they are preparing my Quad Grande Cafe Americano...mmmmm.




After dropping my friend off, I needed a way to come down off the four shots of esspresso, so I headed over to the church to catch some friends playing hockey in a league run by Beast and the Roomy.







At this point I had come down enough to head home and think about sleeping. Thanks for tagging along on this short tour of Yonge and Eg. Next time I'll give you the day time tour.

And maybe I'll do it in style like this guy.

All for now,
Kef...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home