Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Back to School

So I went back to high school today. One of the girls in my youth group asked me to help with a project in her business class by being a guest speaker. So I got to go in for first period on a Monday and talk to a handful of teens about the Tire and of all things, business ethics. I have to admit that when I thought about this topic I wasn't too keen, but soon realized that it was interesting enough and I had a LOT of examples from my own workplace. I was so nervous about going in for the presentation though because I was worried that if I did poorly, that Turkey and the rest of her group would fail. Ms. Nelson assured me that that would not happen.

I did have a bit of fun preparing and getting myself to the school early on a Monday morning however. I figured since I was going back to school to present that I should prepare the presentation well ahead of time so as not to disappoint one of my youth. Of course seeing as it was high school to which I was returning, the natural procrastinator that I am really shone through. I mean, don't get me wrong, I had all my ideas laid out in my head. I just needed to research, organize, and form some dialogue to go along with said ideas. I did most of that after the Raptors game Sunday night. It's amazing what I will do to put off school work. I never sit and watch an entire NBA game unless I go to the ACC. Preparing late into the night, (early morning,) also caused me to be a little on edge about when I had to be there. To be at the school at 9:00 is not a big deal, but on the first Sunday night of Daylight Savings, staying up late and being nervous about waking up, and being nervous about the presentation itself all led to a restless sleep. The building fire alarm going off at 4am and continuing for half an hour didn't help either! Apparently someone set fire to the dumpster behind the building. I never thought to ask the Roomy about it. He parks his car back there.

Despite all that, I arrived at school in plenty of time, the presentation went well, and the girls presented me with a nice card and a small gift as a token of appreciation. This was way more than was necessary as I had a blast just being back at school and being away from work for a few hours. Thanks Turkey!

Oh yeah, I got to write on the blackboard!

All for now,
Kef...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure whether I'm jealous (blackboard -- and how retro!) or terrified for you (children staring = scarier than most boardrooms). Way to go, in any case.

4/04/2006 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home