Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Stupid FREAKIN' iTunes!

I have a complaint.

"You take three months away from blogging and you come back with complaints?" the tens and tens of my readers ask.

Yes...deal.

I think one of THE dumbest, most ridonkulous things a piece of software can do, is access the internet using an already open browser window. What if I am doing something important in that browser window? What if I am writing on my blog? What if I am writing an email? A long email. One that has taken a lot of thought and time in collecting my thoughts and editing them into comprehensible sentences.

I am especially angry at iTunes right now. In fact, Apple in general. I had even (briefly) considered buying a Mac next time compy blows up... NO MORE!!

Let me set it up for you. I was writing an email to a friend on my hotmail account. Yes, I use hotmail, I have always used hotmail, I will always use hotmail because there is nothing more frustrating than trying to make sure everyone knows your new email address. Anyway, writing an email. A long one. To put it in perspective, it had been about 45 minutes. Suddenly, the music I've been listening to stops and I take the opportunity to put in the new CD I got today. iTunes doesn't show the CD for me to play it. This didn't truly surprise me with all the copyright blah blah blah. I wondered if I was missing something though so I tried to get some help. Apparently iTunes help is web based because the option I selected brought up the email I had been working on and proceeded to go to a new page.

AHHH! NO! STOP BROWSER! BACK BUTTON! Son of a... (I think I truly did stop here, I'll have to ask the Roomy.)

The email was gone. First person that says I should save my work as I go...I take their space bar! I was so mad I hit the close button on iTunes immediately. The dang program started up again. What the... I hit close again. Starts up again. "Give me a break!" (may have yelled this) I hit close one more time. The freakin' iTunes program starts up again... "SCREW OFF!!" (This, I know I yelled.) The next thing I did may have been a little irrational, but I had been in a bad mood for most of the day and we had lost our curling match earlier in the evening. I proceeded to hit CTRL-ALT-DEL about 37 times...hard.

Yes, I gave my compy the Three Finger Salute, usually only reserved for such special occasions as the Blue Screen of Death. It's ok, it has recovered enough for me to tell you all about it here. Man I hate Mondays sometimes.

I hope I have the Tuesdays tomorrow...

All for now,
Kef...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home