Thursday, September 07, 2006

...or is it just me

No, it was hot! My office that is.

Tuesday was coming in after the long weekend, pretty refreshed, looking forward to my holiday, (more in a sec,) when I had a strange surprise as I got off the elevator on my floor. I was about to wave and give a smile and cheery "Hi! How's it going?!" to Jen and Delana at the reception desk, but what came out was, "What's going on?!" through a concerned grimace. It was unusually warm in the smallish lobby/elevator area and I remember thinking, "it must suck to be these ladies this morning." Jen looked up and replied, "Oh, wait until you go into the main office." I opened the door and it was like that first wave of heat when you open your oven that has been pre-heated to cookie/pizza baking temperature. Seriously, my cabinet was hot, my phone was hot, my chair was hot, it was gross, (and not gross like 144...sorry, awful.) The vents in the office that come up by the windows and down from around the lights were still kicking it out like a hair dryer, too. Those of us that were there didn't last long before we had to go down to the main building lobby and wait it out until they could get the air conditioner going.

But, work has not been my main concern this week. Well it is when I am AT work but I meant when I leave. No, this week it has been getting ready for my holiday! (And, Something Good...sit tight, it's soon I promise.) I decided I was going away for a week, somewhere I had to fly, and somewhere that is warm. I decided to go most of the way across the continent to spend a week in LA. I'll probably spend some time doing the touristy stuff like the walk of fame, Universal Studios, etc. but then I think I'll just spend a lot of time walking or riding around or hanging out at the beach. I just want to get away from my own city for a while. It's a good thing I'm not a star chaser though otherwise my timing couldn't be worse. This week is the start of the Toronto Film Festival. That's right, I am going to LA to bum around Hollywood for a week while all the stars are in my home town. Brilliant, I know. Maybe that will just mean that there will be less snooties in the coffee houses and restaurants that I want to go to. Not that I know what ones I want to go to. I haven't really planned anything.

Other than maybe learning to surf. I'll let you know how that goes.

All for now,
Kef...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Given the rather cool August we've been having, I'm wouldn't be surprised if the a/c had been turned off. And in big office buildings, sometimes it takes a while to get those suckers rolling.

Hope you have fun in L.A. I'd love to get out there myself someday....though I don't imagine it will be anytime soon.

9/09/2006 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home