Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Stuffing

We ate ham for Easter dinner so there was no stuffing, because you can't stuff a ham, or shouldn't anyway. What one can stuff however is one's face. I ate too much food this weekend. I was down at my Dad's place in Belleville for the Easter weekend. It was nice to get away from the big smoke for a couple days and out to the County, (Prince Edward County to be specific.)

Since it is spring, by Brother in Law, (him and the Sis were there, too, obviously,) and I got roped into helping a couple of neighbours with their docks. I guess it is one of those small community on the water things. Those who can help those who can't do it by themselves anymore. My Dad seems to be the handyman of the neighbourhood and is always being asked to help fix or install something. Working on the docks wasn't too bad though. After each short round of work, (many hands makes light dock planks...or something,) we were invited to stay a while and drink a beer. The beer of course is the lake and cottage community universal currency for services rendered. The second dock also had a bonus Mexican dip, fruit tray, and caramel nuts thrown in.

Ah yes, the food. In addition to the great home cooked meals of ham, scalloped potatoes, parsnips and baked beans, and on another night corned beef and cabbage, I also ate more cheesecake, cookies, brownies, candy, etc. than I have eaten in a LONG time. I'll just say it was ok because: a) it was a Holiday, b) we worked on Saturday, and c) I still managed to run twice this weekend, once Saturday morning and again when I got back to the TDot tonight. Shouldn't hurt the plan TOO much. *wink*

To everyone who stops by, I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend, (or are still having it if you are a teacher or student,) and that you had the opportunity to stuff yourself on a marvelous feast like I did.

Now where's that chocolate bunny?

All for now,
Kef...

1 Comments:

Blogger Shafa said...

You dork.

Now all I can think about is food.

Argh!

4/17/2006 3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home